Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Week 34 Baby #3

Baby at 34 Weeks:

Baby is as big as a Butternut Squash!

4.7 lbs and 17.7 inches

"Baby can hear your voice and is listening in on your conversations at 34 weeks pregnant. In fact, baby might enjoy a lullaby or two. Some experts say that, after birth, babies can recognize songs mom sang while pregnant; they may even be more easily soothed by those familiar tunes once they're “on the outside.”" ~The Bump

Taken right at 34 weeks. 

Since I haven't posted in a while (since week 25), I thought I would try and fill in a few bump pics:



My Symptoms: Lots of bathroom visits. Acid reflux, but thanks to ACV and Zantac, I'm able to keep the throw up at bay! Pelvic pressure. My legs feel like they are going to fall off or give in every time I start walking in the middle of the night (it's scary), but the ligaments are so loose that it's normal (although this is the first pregnancy I've really had trouble with it). Up until a couple of weeks ago, I had the worst varicose vein pain and was limping everywhere because my left leg was so bad. It's still purple and unpleasant looking, but now I take a supplement twice daily to help with blood flow. Fatigue. Overall feeling bigger. 

Sleep? I am so thankful to have my pillow. I do have to adjust myself 5+ times a night, but I usually just get up to use the restroom then, anyways, so it's not too bad wriggling and maneuvering the snoogle. Although I am starting to feel a bit more hip pain during the night so sleep is starting to become a bit more challenging.

Best moment last week? My in-laws (my husband's parents and two of his three siblings) visited this past weekend and it was like a breath of fresh air. I am lucky to thoroughly enjoy every visit with them; they truly are and have been a blessing since day 1 of our marriage. Anyways, I needed that refresher and the rejuvenation that it brought our family of (soon to be) 5. 

They took us out to a fun brunch at Cracker Barrel on Sunday.

Mimi gave Vincent a haircut.

Agnes danced with Pops.

Movement: A lot of kicks and movement, especially when I lay down for the night. Hiccups daily for him. He likes to move, I'll say that much.

Weight Gain: 156lbs. and going up as I'm sure my eating has increased as well. I'm eatong everything in sight it seems these days :P


Cravings: Sweet things. Chocolate mostly. Chocolate milk has been my go to now that all the holiday treats have been gobbled up.


Food Aversions: I'm sure I have some... but for right now, I'm just loving food :)

What made me cry this week: Nothing... although my emotions and hormones have heightened this third trimester. I cannot let things go as easily as I usually do. And with breastfeeding coming up and postpartum emotions, I'm sure it won't change for a while.

Medical Stuff: I went to the new office since we moved states and it was definitely a different experience than our old doctor's office. So high tech and even though it was pretty efficient, it will take some getting used to, which is understandable. This hospital is gorgeous, though, and I guess the Labor and Delivery rooms are amazing!

Something I am excited about: Being able to move freely again. I just want to be able to get out of bed quickly when the kids call for me in the morning and run up the stairs or bend down to pick something up. It feels like this isn't my body. I want to be able to weight lift and move like I used to... 

Something I am anxious about: Sleep deprivation. I was nervous about this before Vincent came, as well. It's so hard being sleep deprived but still having to be active for toddlers. 3 kids 3 and under is going to be such a challenge. I am praying for grace and for energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment