Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 17: Baby #3

Baby at 17 Weeks:

Baby is as big as a Pomegranate!


5.11 inches and 5.9 ounces

"Baby's rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone. And baby's growing some meat on those bones-putting on some fat. Baby's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord too." ~The Bump



 My Symptoms: Pee a lot. Drink a lot of water. Some round ligament stretching. Varicose veins hurt, especially when I stand up from sitting or laying down. Starting to feel my bump get in the way when I do dead lifts. I think my moodiness has gone!

Maternity clothes? I wore maternity jeans and t-shirt yesterday for a few hours. The legs were tight and the waist was loose so I guess i'll wait a few more weeks. I don't have to be wearing it, yet.

Sleep? I sleep pretty well considering I get up about 2 times a night to use the restroom, and when that happens, the pain in my varicose veins come. Other than that, its easy to maneuver myself from side to side so far. I find myself sleeping on my back a lot, but I just readjust when this happens.


Best moment last week? I got to return to the gym after the kids had been sick for a good week and a half. I only went 3 times but it was a good start to get back into it. My legs killed and now, this week, I'm ready to go 5 times (that's the goal, at least)! 

Movement? I finally felt movement at 16 weeks. I think I had felt some before, but was unsure. This is definitely baby and it's fun to catch those little flutters/kicks.

Weight Gain: So I gained a good several pounds since 14 weeks. Today, I weighed in at the gym at 137.4. I'm thinking it's all that chocolate milk ;) Will be cutting that out of my diet... soon. Nothing too worrying, I knew I'd start gaining weight.


Cravings: Chocolate... or anything sweet. It's been such a struggle since Paul and I are trying to keep the house sweet and treat free. That's why I bought chocolate syrup for my post work out chocolate milk... except I've been abusing it and drinking two glasses a day :( 


Food Aversions: Avocados are not a problem for me anymore, thank goodness. I'm just not as obsessed with them as I used to be. I'm still very much not a cilantro girl but I can't really think of any more foods that disgust me.

What made me cry this week: Paul came in the room one night needing some encouragement about studying. I was already asleep so he woke me up and needed to talk and I just couldn't give him the support he needed. I was half asleep and tired, so we ended up fighting and I cried and it was exhausting... but I'm pretty sure I was a jerk because of the pregnancy... :P

Medical Stuff: I have not had a check up since 14 weeks so I'm thinking baby is fine. My next appointment will be Oct. 4 so we will know the gender, as well as the health of baby, then.

Something I am excited aboutOur Colorado trip at the end of Sept. But first, Mimi and Pops are taking the kids this weekend, giving Paul time to study all weekend and me time to get ready for our Colorado trip that we will go on next weekend for a week!



Vinny (12 months) needed some extra snuggles one night and I was happy to oblige.

Agnes is getting better at coloring and will sit and color for a long time. Paul is still able to come home for lunch every day (when he doesn't have a meeting, that is).

Something I am anxious about: I'm pretty calm these days. I know that we will eventually have to get a house and probably a new car for Paul. He needs to bring in a bit more money for us to do that, but first he needs to take some tests that he has committed to for insurance certifications and until then, we will be taking money out of our savings. However, I'm thankful we have savings and a nice apartment that doesn't cost too much. We are blessed and I know that God is working in this and we just have to trust in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment